and The Quality in Careers Standard
Our Vision, Mission & Values
Careers England aims "to be recognised as the informed voice of the career guidance industry in England"
As a Member-driven trade association supporting the career guidance business activities of its Members in "promoting social mobility, achievement and economic well-being for people of all ages". Our mission is to:
- act on behalf of Members (including via appropriate lobbying at national level and positive campaigns) to demonstrate the beneficial contribution of independent and impartial careers information, advice and guidance for people of all ages, to securing the economic and social health of the nation
- enable Members to work together to share intelligence on market opportunities and features, views, practices and approaches so that the association both enhances and draws upon the collective knowledge and expertise of its Membership
- act on behalf of Members in advocating the case for a 'level playing field' (and appropriate length of contracts to enable investment in research, development and continuing professional development) in the procurement and contract management of all publicly-funded information, advice and guidance services for all ages
- secure meaningful strategic alliances with partner organisations (both within the wider careers sector and associated key stakeholders) which share the outcomes sought by the trade association, for the benefit of individuals, communities, employers and the nation
Underpinning this Vision and Mission are the following Values:
- Promoting with integrity the core beliefs and agreed policies of the trade association (where appropriate in partnership with other key stakeholders and agencies).
- Demonstrating knowledge and articulating the benefits of career guidance products and services based upon collected and/or identified evidence from business experience from the Membership and wider sources nationally and internationally.
- Focussing upon the economic and social benefits of the products and services which our Member offer for individuals and the economy.
- Maintaining a strong professional awareness of the environment and context in which our Members operate.
- Valuing the contributions and direct involvement of representatives and nominees of our Members in the Board, the Task Groups, Working Groups and other means.
- Providing a consistently professional and commercially sound (as well as robustly challenging) approach to key issues of concern to our Members and the beneficiaries of their businesses' products and services.